Throughout the course of his academic work in the field of Hispanic Literature and beyond, Gorfkle has written extensively on the Chilean poet David Rosenmann-Taub. The period from 2005 to 2014, while Gorfkle was working on his M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, produced the following work:
- The conference paper, “Cesar Vallejo, Symbolism and Mallarmé,” presented at an International Poetry Symposium celebrating the work of César Vallejo at Hofstra University, October 2008.
- The article, “An Interpretative Approach to the Poetry of David Rosenmann-Taub,” awarded the Prize for Best Paper by an Undergraduate by the Corda Foundation,* initially accepted for publication by the Hofstra Hispanic Review in 2008 and ultimately published on the Corda Foundation website, 2009.*
- The Ph.D dissertation, “The Intersection of Life and Death in David Rosenmann-Taub’s Tetralogy Cortejo y Epinicio.” Gorfkle received a grant from the Corda Foundation for this work and the dissertation was published online by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2014.
- The article, “Los recursos técnicos y retóricos de la poesía de David Rosenmann-Taub,” awarded the Prize for Best Paper by a Graduate Student by the Corda Foundation in 2014 and published on the Foundation website in 2015.
As a Visiting Scholar at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill after obtaining his Ph.D, Gorfkle continued to further explore and write on the poetry of David Rosenmann-Taub, producing the following work from 2015 to the present.
- The conference paper, “Consciousness and the Multiverse in the Poetry of David Rosenmann-Taub,” presented at the Carolina Conference on Romance Studies in March 2017.
- The article, “Understanding the Poetry of David Rosenmann-Taub: A Formalist/Hermeneutical Approach,” published in the University of Granada’s Revista Letral in March 2017.
- The translation of three of Rosenmann-Taub’s poems, published in Volume 13, No. 1 of Ezra, an online journal of poetry and translation in January 2019.
- The book David Rosenmann-Taub: Poems and Commentaries, in both English and Spanish versions, published by Editorial A Contracorriente and distributed by UNC Press in March 2020.
*The Corda Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization, formed in 2000 with the purpose of preserving and promoting the work of David Rosenmann-Taub.