“A pioneering, insightful introduction to the work of a major world poet whose books deserve to be vastly better known.”
– Timothy Crouse, O. Henry Prize author and co-translator of Nobel Laureate Roger Martin du Gard’s Lieutenant-Colonel de Maumort.
“[Gorfkle’s] glosses, syntheses, contain force and truth: they are incisive and coherent. At times, they are impregnated with the lyric spirit of the original and incorporate poetic echoes and elements. …David Rosenmann-Taub: Poems and Commentaries: A Commented Anthology constitutes…a valuable contribution to the study of the work of David Rosenmann-Taub and the proof of a deep and vivid reading, one that reveals a unique method of approaching a literature as demanding as that of the Chilean poet.”
– Eduardo Moga, from his book review David Rosenmann-Taub: Poems and Commentaries: A Commented Anthology.
“…Through translations containing something of prose and paraphrase, and seemingly inspired by the methodology of Ricoeur, the author opens and elucidates the meaning of…these poems.”
– Jaime Concha, Professor Emeritus of Hispanic Literature, University of California, San Diego, EEUU
“In Kenneth Gorfkle David Rosenmann-Taub has found the ideal reader. His analyses are precise, incisive and well-reasoned, while his translations are lucid and praiseworthy.”
– Rosa Perelmuter, Professor of Spanish, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
“A long-awaited and much-needed discussion of poems by David Rosenmann Taub, selected and interpreted by Gorfkle to introduce the reader to the breadth and richness of the poet’s art.”
– Jon Douglas Lindjord, Author